Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jan 9 2008 - 30th Birthday Room Makeover


For my 30th birthday my awesome friends did a complete room makeover and re-used an old electric fireplace that was hiding in the basement. The fireplace, previously light oak colored fibreboard and brass colored accents was repainted a fabulous black matte which works with both the black and brown elements of the room. This heater allows me to keep the rest of the house much cooler, while I remain toasty in my sanctuary. Cutting back on gas and electric and re-making stuff I already own makes me one happy birthday girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore