Thursday, April 17, 2008
Teva Makayla offered at Zappos for $74.00 here: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/31167640/c/93304.html
- Part of Teva's new Curbside collection, shoes that literally turn trash into treasure by incorporating post consumer recycled materials.
- Post-consumer recycled PET canvas lining.
- Mush® EVA sockliner with a recycled PET cover.
- Post-consumer recycled rubber outsole.
For men, Reef offers these handsome flip-flops (Jutas) for $51.00 at Zappos here: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/34875023/c/680.html
- Contoured compression molded 51% post industrial waste recycled eva footbed with anatomical arch support.
- 30% recycled content rubber outsole.
So, this spring after you've sent your old shoes off for recycling or donated your slightly used pair to charity, keep your eye out for companies that are doing their part to include recycled waste to make new fashionable products for your feet.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.