Saturday, April 12, 2008

Super Cute Circle Skirt from Free T-shirts






So tonight, after working two jobs, when I should be working on my paper for class I felt a stress that nothing other than a beer and some sewing could cure. So I reached for my pile of freebie t-shirts and Megan Nicolay's "Generation T: 108 ways to transform a t-shirt". I searched for a fun project and found "Flare thee well". It featured 2 xl t-shirts and one fitted t-shrit that had been cut and sewn into an adorable skirt with a foldover waistband. Who wouldn't want to wear a skirt made of uber comfy t-shirts? Fortunately I have a ton of unworn t-shirts laying around. It seems that companies, bands, and friends are always giving away plenty of t-shirts. I used to wear them as pajamas or donate them to Goodwill, but now that I have this great book I feel that I can finally do something practical with them. So, I began another sewing adventure. I did a quick waist measurment, and began cutting and pinning away. Two hours later, my skirt was complete, and its as comfortable as I had hoped it would be and cute enough to wear around on the weekends. So here are some pictures of the construction. (Excuse the picture taken in the mirror, but I haven't quite figured out how to take real pictures of myself in my creations yet.) I love the instant gratification that sewing a project from free, unused clothes brings. Now that I am filled with a sense of accomplishment, my stress seems like a distant memory. Time to celebrate my handiwork with a good night's rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore