Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Garmin Nuvi (Nav) Cover/Case

For Christmas, my super awesome fiancee bought me a navigational system. This was a very good thing because I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag with a map. North is always straight ahead and East is always to my right. This is problematic, because I almost always do the driving and we love to go on new adventures. I was so happy to receive my new Garmin Nuvi 200 because it helps me find my way in the car, but it also works on batteries and I can walk around with it..ingenious! I am also accident prone, which meant that I needed some kind of protective cover a.s.a.p. I went to the thrift store to find some fun piece of clothing to transform into a case and decided on an adorable baby vest. It was green and had fun travel graphics and lined with soft, fuzzy orange fleece; perfect. Unfortunately, my sewing machine was not co-operating (and yes, I took it back last night), so I ended up handsewing using some funky multi-colored green thread and a whip stitch. I also poked two little eyelets and used an old t-shrit scrap to tie a bow and hold the whole thing closed. Now, my nav looks as adventurous as me and it won't get scuffed up in my purse!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore