Thursday, January 31, 2008

Health Care for All and HR 676

A really hot political topic for me is health care for everyone. My personal beliefs are that if we can afford to fund a war in foreign countries, then surely we can fund health care for our friends, families and neighbors. After all, if we don't look out for each other who will? Many developed countries offer health care for everyone in society and they seem to be managing it well, so why aren't we. I say, the best country in the world should have the best helath care in the world, so I decided to write my Governor, Senators, and House Representative. I'll post up the responses that I receive from them. My Representative, Mr. Elijah Cummings, is co-sponsoring HR 676 which will provide just that, free health care for everyone. I hope that we can realize the dream of free health care in time for my grandmother's generation to benefit. I'll try to include updates whenever possible. To learn more about this cause visit any of the websites below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore