Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yummy Hair Care Product Review - Burt's Bees


My husband, daughter, and I all have very sensitive scalps combined with oily hair, and damaged ends with a lot of breakage. Recently my husband and I have both started to lose our hair in gobs. I've tried many, many different shampoo and conditions combinations with similar results. My scalp is permanently itchy and peeling in layers even when using my salon recommended products for dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis. This has only been an issue since we moved into Baltimore City where we have highly chlorinated water. I've finally found a product that doesn't irritate my scalp, has healed the itchy peeling and improved the texture of my hair. My hair is soft, bouncy, full of body and the drain in my tub reveals that I'm losing far less hair. What amazing product caused this change you ask? It was my $8.00 a bottle of shampoo and conditioner made by Burt's Bees! I've been using the More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut Shampoo and the Color Keeper Green Tea & Fennel Seed Conditioner. It was an impulse buy at my Safeway about two weeks ago and I have never been happier with the condition of my hair and scalp. Best of all, they are an relatively local (East Coast) company with a great mission, vision, and values focused on social responsibility with concern for well-being and the environment. I had tried other organic/natural shampoos in the past, but were disappointed with their lack of lather and the fact that they often left my hair looking flat and dull. I just can't sing the praises of this combination of shampoo and conditioner enough because it lathers well, requires only one shampoo, and I look and feel like I've been using a high-dollar imported salon shampoo. So, even if you've tried natural/organic products in the past and been disappointed, make sure that you revisit them, you may not know what you are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore