Monday, January 5, 2009

Vegetarian Chicken Fajitas

Tonight's dinner consisted of vegetarian chicken fajitas with a side of rice and fat-free refried beans. I had some cilantro and guacamole cream leftover from last week's tofu chicken skewers that I didn't want to go to waste, so I pulled out some frozen Morningstar meal starters chicken strips and made fajitas. My daughter and husband both went back for seconds and I can confirm that they turned out really tasty.

2 packages (16oz) Morningstar meal starters chicken (the beef flavor would work equally well).
3 bell peppers (I used 2 green and 1 yellow) sliced into strips
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp chile powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground pepper
2 Tbs lime juice
1/4 C cilantro, chopped

Add about 2 Tbsp of canola oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add green peppers and onions, along with cumin, ground pepper, and chile powder. Stir until the peppers and onions begin to soften, about 10-12 minutes. Next add the chicken strips and continue stirring until heated through, about 6-8 minutes. Finally, once the vegetables have reached the level of crispiness you prefer and the chicken strips are heated through, remove from heat and add the lime juice and cilantro. Stir and enjoy over rice or on tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore