Monday, January 26, 2009

EVOO: Day 1

Well, it's been 24 hours since I started cleaning my face with the EVOO. I also purchased the Burt's Bee's Herbal Blemish Stick in case things go wrong. On the mornings that I shower (every other day unless I get sweaty) I just use the olive oil soap, because it's more convenient. I actually really love the olive oil as a cleanser and a moisturizer. Not a clogged pore in sight, and the pores that looked like they were trying to break out, are flat and completely happy. The most amazing improvement is in the texture of my skin. It's soft, kind of dewey looking and completely comfortable. It doesn't feel greasy at all. In fact, my face was less oily today than usual. I did have to pat once, but that was it and my make-up didn't slide off the way it normally does. The red marks/scars from past breakouts are clearing up much faster than ususal, in fact some of the fresh ones are hardly even noticeable. My wrinkles are far less prominent and the black circles under my eyes, yep, you can hardly see them. I also read that lemon juice added to the olive oil help lighten discolorations and acts as a mild astringent too, but I figured I'd stick to one thing at a time for now. So, to end my report for the day, I couldn't be happier. Rubbing salad dressing on your face isn't so bad after all. I'll keep reporting as I continue along. Now, if I can just get my husband to stop trying to dip bread on my face....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore