Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Whippin Up My Own Seafood Dip

So, we had some shrimp and although they are tasty plain, I really wanted some kick. I wasn't feeling cocktail saucy, so I decided to whip up something with ingredients I had laying around. I found some fat-free creme cheese and to it added some curry powder. I mashed in just enough to give it a pretty light yellow color and the distinctive curry smell. The texture seemed a little thick, so I whipped in some lime juice. I felt like it really needed a bit of a kick though, so I added about a tablespoon of ancho chile pepper and just a pinch of white pepper. It really was yummy and I've used it on leftovers for shrimp tacos too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore