Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Food Storage For Your Bulk Ingredients

Since I prepare most of my own food at home, I buy in bulk and have a lot of ingredients laying around. I didn't want to use disposable plastic bags because of their impact on the environment. My current solution is to order the Cambro Graduated Food Storage Containers from http://www.webstaurantstore.com/. They are inexpensive (much cheaper than tupperware at only $2-3), stackable, and reusable. They can go straight into the freezer or fridge which is wondeful for storing leftovers, using as a dough doubler, starter containers, etc. My pantry has never looked so neat!





This Cambro RFSCW1 1 qt. round food storage container is made of crystal
clear, virtually unbreakable polycarbonate that won't be stained or harmed by
food acids, oils, and alcohol. This container can withstand temperature from -40
degrees Fahrenheit to 210 degrees Fahrenheit, so they can be used in
refrigerators and freezers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore