Sunday, March 23, 2008

Freecycling

My fiancee sent me two great recycling resources this week. The first is http://www.freecycle.org/.
Their tagline is "changing the world one gift at a time". Membership is free and you can join large network of groups seeking to give or receive previously used items. It is a list that functions similarly to the free section of craigslist, but is moderated. There is no trading however, only gift giving. If you have something that you no longer need or want, simply list the items as available. It is organized and moderated by location and the person interested in your item is expected to do the pick-up. The biggest difererence between freecycle and craigslist appears to be that you must arrange for pick-up by the reciever, no leaving items on the porch or curb.
The next website is http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php. Here you can trade books, dvds, and music for only the cost of postage. I've long been a fan of half.com, which is very nearly free for many books, but this is the first website allowing you to trade nationwide at no cost and with no commissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore