Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Recycled Jewelry Organizer



A while back I recognized that I needed a new jewelry organizer. I needed something to hold my necklaces and earrings that I wear most often because they were laying in a tangled pile on my dresser. I came up with the idea to create a hanging organizer from some old fabric, buttons, and safety pins. Well, as luck would have it, my friend Kerry donated an excellent pair of 90's suede pants that were crying out to be used for something. I love the pattern and the weight of the material and instantly noticed that it would make an awesome backdrop to my sparklies. So, I got out the scissors, cut off part of a leg, sewed on some buttons, stuck two safety pins through the bottom and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore