Friday, May 9, 2008

My Big Fat Greek T-shirt Refashion




So, I've been away for a bit... Final exams and work keep getting in the way of my social and crafting life again. However, I wanted to jazz up the t-shirt my fiancee gave me for Christmas, because although it said "Camo is the new pink", it didn't really scream it. So, I dove into Megan Nicolay's book again and chose her Greek Goddess design. It took less than an hour, and I thought it was kind of a fun project for 10pm on a Wednesday night. Here she is:

So, I took my "CAMO IS THE NEW PINK" shirt and cut off the sleeves just inside the seams. I cut the neckline out about 2" to make more of a boatneck/tank top. I cut two 8" tubes from another t-shirt and then gathered the fabric and stitched in place in 3 spots. For the final (over the shoulder) I gathered and attached with a rose pin/broach. My finacee wasn't thrilled with the makeover of his present to me, but he doesn't have to wear it either ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore