Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Home-made Mother's Day



Mother's Day is nearly upon us once again. I'll travel back toward my hometown to celebrate with my mother and step-father, uncles, grandmother, my fiancee and his mother and step-father and, last, but never least, my daughter. Each year I ask all of the mothers what they would like and the answer is always inevitably, "don't buy me anything"! Ugh...nothing is more dreaded then the don't buy me anything statement. You know they want something, but now you have no idea what it is...and if you really don't buy anything...boy are you in trouble. This year though, I think I can appease the mothers and still get them something cool. Instead of buying a gift, I decided to make some last night. I broke out my Generation T book and started looking for cool gifts to make from old tshirt. My gifts will be free and from the heart, I think I may have finally devised a way to get an A+ on Mother's Day gifting. Here is what I've made. First, I made my mother a backpack from two t-shirt. I cut two squares, sewed up three sides, folded over a drawstring casing, sewed, threaded two tshirts trips and voila!




Next, for my grandmother I decided to make a soft, handmade glasses bag. Not only will it protect her glasses from being scratched, it can also help shine them up each time she puts them away. It couldn't have been an easier design. Cut a rectangle, sew up three sides, fold over and a sew a drawstring casing, and then thread through a tshirt strip.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore