Thursday, August 14, 2008

Garden Update





So, as you all know this year I decided to grow my own veggies. I planted some in containers and some directly into the ground. I have had mixed success... My zucchini, which I did a direct sow, into my herb garden is doing very well. I have harvested 3 small zucchini and am looking forward to the next one. My container garden is not fairing as well. Many of my plants were crowded and not getting enough water. My two suggestions are: self-watering containers (I saw them at my garden center) and thinning out the plants. I think next year I'll try transplanting the seedlings to the ground and keeping some in the container and see how that works. I pulled my eggplant plants out of the container and put them in my herb garden in hopes that they might develop more. I haven't harvested a single tomato, but luckily my friend is sharing hers (and her cucumbers) with me. I promise to hand over my next tasty zucchini. The herbs continue to do well in the containers, although I have never succesfully grown and harvested cilantro (which is a shame, because its the herb I use most in summer). My flowers, trees, and shrubs are all doing fabulous, so I'm including pictures of those here as well. Happy weeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore