Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Fever: Gardening and Building Jumps...Wait, What?!?



It's Spring again finally. The birds are chirping, I'm in my garden, and my husband is committing gravity defying feats of stupidity. It's great fun, in fact I wish that I was spending more time on the jump and less time digging in the berms.
So, I've been splitting my time between building the landing and working on my self-watering planters. So far I have mangaged to get my green onions, parsley, basil, strawberries and beets all into their containers. I have also planted some additional rosemary, because my previous year's work was being bullied by the oregano and I was hoping that the addition of a fully grown brother would aid in it's survival; we'll see. As you may know from reading my previous blogs, I am responsible for the (attractive) front yard garden and my husband is responsible for the (horrible mud pit) back yard, also known as the pump track, or dirt jump area. Our friends and neighbors came out to see Jamie's inaugural jump and even sent us pictures. Jamie, our friend Greg, and I spent the better part of two weekends building this madness, which suprisingly looks much smaller in pictures. I am responsible for the digging, also knows as the berm b*tch, and Jamie and Greg were on ramp and platform building detail. The first picture is from the side at ground level, while the second was taken from on top of the launching platform. Here's to another great season. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore