Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Mighty Wind

Engadget reported today that 50,000 Delware homes will be powered by wind by 2012! Here is the article on the topic. http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/24/offshore-wind-power-park-to-energize-delaware-homes/

This is wonderful news; I am always happy to hear of a sensible energy alternative (not involving using food stuffs). The article also ties to another article highlighting Rock Port, Missouri as being 100% wind powered. http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/22/rock-port-missouri-celebrates-being-100-wind-powered/

These are promising and exciting developments and I hope that we will see many more of them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicling my adventures in proving that less is more. I'll learn to refashion/recycle clothes, prepare gourmet meals using as many natural/basic/raw ingredients as possible. I'll learn to spend less, live more, and reclaim those things that are truly valuable in my life.

Feeds

Below are feeds from websites that I find to be interesting and from a similar vein.

ReadyMade

craigslist | free stuff in baltimore